Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 071, 2019
Russell Road, Tilbury
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
Prohibit any vehicle from travelling into Russell Road from Dock Road and onto Dock Road from Russell Road.
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out maintenance on the carriageway as part of the Tilbury Regeneration Scheme.
3) The alternative route for southwest vehicles is Russell Road and Dunlop Road and vice versa for northeast vehicles.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 24 June 2019 at 09:00hrs until Friday 12 July 2019 at 17:00hrs. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.