Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 018, 2022
Ship Lane and Hall Road, Aveley
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Ship Lane from a point 20m north of its junction with Hall Road for a distance of approximately 200m in a southerly direction
- prohibit any vehicle from egressing from Hall Road onto Ship Lane
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for southbound vehicles is High Street, Purfleet Road, A1306 Arterial Road, Junction 31, Ship Lane and vice-versa for northbound vehicles. For vehicles wishing to egress from Hall Road will use Love Lane, Purfleet Road then follow the main diversion. Access for businesses and residents north of the closure will be maintained via High Street, Aveley and for The Thurrock Hotel and residents via Junction 31.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 28 March 2022 at 8am. The closure will be in force for the one day between the hours of 8am and 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.