Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 024, 2022
Sleepers Farm Road, Chadwell St Mary
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along the entire length of Sleepers Farm Road in both directions
- prohibit parking on both kerb lines of Sleepers Farm Road between the hours of 8am and 5pm during the period the Order is in force
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for northwest bound vehicles is Brentwood Road, Nevell Road and Godman Road and vice versa for southeast bound vehicles. Vehicles in Alexandra Close will exit via Godman Road and follow diversion. Access will be maintained for residents.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 28 February 2022 at 8am and will be in force daily between the hours of 8am and 5pm until Tuesday 1 March 2022 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.