Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 023, 2023
South Road, South Ockendon
1. The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling along South Road between its junctions with West Road and Brandon Groves
- prohibit any vehicle from parking at any time on the east kerb line from between numbers 1 and 5
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3. The alternative route for southbound vehicles is West Road, Dennises Lane, Bramble Lane, Aveley Road, Romford Road, Lance Corporal Nicky Mason Way, Stifford Road, and South Road and vice versa for northbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses.
4. The Order will come into force on Wednesday 15 February 2023 at 8am and will be in force daily between the hours of 8am and 5pm until Thursday 16 February 2023 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5. It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6. If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.