Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 026, 2023
South Road, South Ockendon
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along South Road between its junctions with Garth Road and Tamarisk Road
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable Essex and Suffolk Water to carry out repairs to their apparatus.
4) The alternative route for southbound vehicles will be West Road, Arisdale Avenue, Daiglen Drive, Stifford Road eastbound and South Road and vice versa for northbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents.
5) The Notice will come into force immediately on Wednesday 18 January 2023 at 1:45pm. The notice will be valid for 21 days but is expected to be completed by Tuesday 31 January 2023. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.