Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 087, 2022
Southend Road, College Avenue, College Road, College Close, Northfields, Chadwell Road, Palmers Drive, Palmers Avenue, Whitehall Lane, Whitehall Road, High View Avenue and Theobalds Avenue, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling along or exiting various roads in accordance with Schedule One below
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative routes are shown in Schedule one to this order.
4) The Order will come into force on Sunday 19 June 2022 and Sunday 26 June 2022 and will take place between the hours of 8am and 5pm. At all other times it will be clear. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.
|Prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Southend Road between the mini roundabouts at St Georges Avenue/Balfour Road and Palmers Avenue/Whitehall Lane.||Southbound – Southend Road, Lodge Lane Westbound, Hathaway Road, Orsett Road, Stanley Road, Clarence Road, East Thurrock Road and Whitehall Lane and vice versa for northbound vehicles.|
|Whitehall Lane from the mini roundabout at Southend Road to its junction with High View Avenue.||Northbound – East Thurrock Road, Clarence Road, Stanley Road, Orsett Road, Hathaway Road, Lodge Lane eastbound and Southend Road and vice versa for southbound vehicles.|
|Chadwell Road from the mini roundabout at Southend Road/College Avenue to its junction with Rectory Road.||Westbound – B149 Wood View Westbound, Lodge Lane Westbound, Hathaway Road Southbound, and then follow main diversion and vice versa for eastbound vehicles.|
|College Avenue from the mini roundabout at Southend Road/Chadwell Road to its junction with Langthorne Crescent.||Eastbound – Bradleigh Avenue and then to travel southbound use Orsett Road then follow main diversion or to travel northbound Bradleigh Avenue onto Lodge Lane.|
|Prohibit any vehicle from turning right when exiting Northfields onto Chadwell Road.||Turn left onto Chadwell Road and then B149 Wood View West, Lodge Lane West, Hathaway Road South, and then follow main diversion.|
|Prohibit any vehicle from turning right when exiting High View Avenue and Theobalds Avenue onto Palmers Avenue.||Turn left, Orsett Avenue and then follow main diversion.|
|Prohibit any vehicle from turning right when exiting College Close onto College Avenue.||Turn left and then Bradleigh Avenue and then to travel southbound use Orsett Road then follow main diversion or to travel northbound, Bradleigh Avenue onto Lodge Lane and follow diversion.|
|Prohibit any vehicle from turning left when exiting Palmers Drive onto Chadwell Road.||Turn right, and B149 Wood View Westbound, Lodge Lane Westbound, Hathaway Road southbound and then follow main diversion.|