Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 029, 2022
Southend Road, Springhouse Road and Third Avenue, Corringham
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Southend Road between a point 20m northeast of its junction with Springhouse Road to a point 20m southwest of its junction with Golding Crescent
- prohibit any vehicle from exiting and entering Springhouse Road at its junction with Southend Road
- prohibit any vehicle from exiting and entering Third Avenue at its junction with Southend Road
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for northeast bound vehicles is Dunstable Road Roundabout, Southend Road, on slip to The Manorway westbound, The Manorway Interchange, A13 eastbound, Five Bells Interchange, Link Road from B1420 and Bells Corner Roundabout, Southend Road (B1420) and Lampits Hill and back into Southend Road and vice versa for southwest bound vehicles.
Vehicles wishing to exit From Springhouse Road will use Giffords Cross Road and Lampits Hill and vice versa. Vehicles wishing to exit Third Avenue will use Branksome Avenue and First Avenue. Access will be maintained for residents.
4) The Order will come into force on Saturday 5 March at 8am and will be in force daily between the hours of 8am and 5pm until Sunday 6 March 2022. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.