Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 025, 2022
St Clements Way, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along St Clements Way between its junctions with London Road and Oliver Close
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out maintenance to expansion joints and carriageway resurfacing.
3) The alternative route for southbound vehicles is London Road, Stonehouse Lane, Arterial Road roundabout, Link Road from A1306 to M25 (N), A13 Eastbound, A126, Lancaster Roundabout, West Thurrock Way, Stoneness Roundabout, Stoneness Road (A1090), Oliver Road and Oliver Close. For northbound vehicles the alternative route will be Oliver Close, Oliver Road, Stoneness Road (A1090), Stoneness Roundabout, West Thurrock Way, Lancaster Roundabout, A126, A13 westbound, Link Road from A13 to A1306, Arterial Road Roundabout, Stonehouse Lane and London Road. Access will be maintained for businesses.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 28 February 2022 at 9pm and will be in force nightly between the hours of 9pm and 5am until Saturday 5 March 2022 at 5am. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.