Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 155, 2022
St Michaels Road, Chadwell St Mary
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along St Michaels Road in a west direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to create a new car park area, carry out extension of footway and reseeding of verge.
3) There is no alternative route however access will be maintained for residents only. Entering St Michaels Road will be via the western junction with Linford Road travelling eastbound exiting via the eastern Junction with Linford Road.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 24 October 2022 at 8am and will be in force continuously until Friday 27 January 2023 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.