Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 203, 2022
Stanford Gardens, Aveley
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle travelling along Stanford Gardens from a point approximately 88m from its junction with Stifford Road for a distance if approximately 55m in a west direction
- prohibit any vehicle from parking at any time during the times of this Order along the north and south kerb lines including the Disabled Bay outside number 40 to outside number 52
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway reconstruction.
3) There is no alternative route. Vehicular access cannot be maintained during the working times.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 16 January 2023 at 8am and will be in force daily between the hours of 8am and 5pm until Tuesday 17 January 2022. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.