Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 199, 2022
Station Road and Love Lane, East Tilbury
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Love Lane between its junction with Princess Margaret Road and Station Road
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Station Road from its junction with Princess Margaret Road for a distance of approximately 1km in a northwest direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to provide a safe working zone in order for BT to access their apparatus.
3) The alternative route for westbound vehicles is Princess Margaret Road, Muckingford Road, Linford Road, Chadwell Hill, Marshfoot Road, A1089, St. Andrew’s Road, Ferry Road, New Infrastructure Road, Fort Road, Cooper Shaw Road and Church Road and vice versa for eastbound vehicles. Access will be maintained to businesses via the diversion.
4) The Order will come into force on Tuesday 10 January 2023 at 10am for one day until 3pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.