Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 207, 2022
Station Road, East Tilbury
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Station Road from a point approximately 800m from its junction with Love Lane in a southwest direction for a distance of approximately 200m in a west direction
- temporarily revoke the 7.5tn weight limit on Station Road
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable BT to carry out urgent repairs to their apparatus.
4) The alternative route for eastbound vehicles is Coopers Shaw Road, Fort Road, New Infrastructure Road, Ferry Road, St Andrews Road, A1089, Marshfoot Road, Chadwell Hill, Linford Road, Muckingford Road, Princess Margaret Road and vice versa for westbound vehicles. Access will be maintained to businesses via the diversion.
5) The Notice will come into force immediately on Tuesday 22 November 2022 and will be valid for 21 days, although the works are expected to be completed by Wednesday 23 November 2022. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.