Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 057, 2022
Station Road, East Tilbury
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicles from travelling along Station Road from its junction with Church Road for a distance of approximately 200m in an easterly direction
- temporarily revoke the 7.5tn weight limit on Station Road
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable BT to carry out maintenance to their apparatus.
3) The alternative route for westbound vehicles is Princess Margaret Road, Muckingford Road, Linford Road, Chadwell Hill, Marshfoot Road, A1089, St. Andrew's Road, Ferry Road, Fort Road, Cooper Shaw Road and Church Road and vice versa for eastbound vehicles. Access will be maintained to businesses via the diversion.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 18 April at 8am. The closure will be in force continuously until Wednesday 20 April at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.