Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 048, 2020
Stonehouse Lane, Purfleet
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Stonehouse Lane, Purfleet between Stonehouse Corner Roundabout and Junction 31 (M25)
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway reconstruction in Stonehouse Lane.
3) The alternative route for northbound vehicles is Purfleet Bypass (A1090) and Arterial Road, (A1306) and vice versa for southbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for businesses at all times.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 1 June 2020 at 9am and will be in place continuously until 28 August 2020 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.