Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 24, 2018
Stonehouse Lane, Purfleet lay-bys
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
Prohibit any vehicle from using the lay-bys on both sides of Stonehouse Lane, Purfleet.
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable the construction of new cycle facilities.
3) In this Order:
(i) The eastbound lay-by adjacent to Stonehouse Lane is defined as the lay-by approximately 98m distance south of its junction with Dolphin Way roundabout.
(ii) The westbound lay-by adjacent to Stonehouse Lane is defined as the lay-by approximately 66m distance south of its junction with Dolphin Way Roundabout.
4) The Order will come into force overnight between 20:00hrs to 05:00hrs on Thursday 1 March 2018 until Thursday 12 April 2018.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.