Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Turnpike Lane, West Tilbury
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibition of vehicular traffic along Turnpike Lane for approximately 470 metres in a northerly direction from Rectory Road
- temporarily revoke the 7.5t weight limit on Brennan Road, Civic Square, Calcutta Road and Dock Road
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable UK Power Networks to carry out urgent repairs to their apparatus.
4) The alternative route for northbound vehicles is Brennan Road, Calcutta Road, Dock Road, Marshfoot Road, Chadwell Hill and Linford Road and vice versa for southbound vehicles.
5) The Notice will be in force for 21 days from 2:30pm on Wednesday 15 January 2020, although it will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016. It is anticipated that the works will be completed within the one day.