Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 106, 2019
Two Forts Way, East Tilbury
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above Footpath without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the footpath.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
Prohibit any persons from travelling along Footpath 146 from the Water Tower at Coalhouse Fort for a distance of approximately 340m westwards.
3) The purpose of the Order is for safety reasons due to the high tide and the erosion of the embankment.
4) There is no alternative route.
5) The Notice will be in force for 21 days from 2pm on Monday 30 September 2019. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.