Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Victoria Road, Stanford-le-Hope
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- to prohibit vehicles travelling along Victoria Road, Stanford-le-Hope, in both directions from its junction with London Road for approximately 15m in a northerly direction.
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable Cadent Gas to carry out urgent repairs to their apparatus.
4) The alternative route for southbound vehicles is Southend Road, High Street, Church Hill, and London Road and for northbound vehicles is London Road, King Street and Southend Road. Access will be maintained for businesses and residents at all times.
5) The Notice will come into force immediately on Wednesday 20 May 2020. It is expected the works will be complete by Friday 29 May 2020, however this notice will remain in force for 21 days. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.