Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984
Temporary Prohibition of Traffic
Order number: 024, 2020
Waterson Road, Chadwell St Mary; Ward Avenue, Grays; The Sorrells, Stanford-le-Hope; King Edward Drive, Grays; Whitmore Avenue, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, intends to make an Order the effect of which is to:
- temporarily close various lengths of road in Thurrock as per Schedule 1 to the Order
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Thurrock Council to carry out carriageway resurfacing works. All prohibitions as per schedule 1 will apply in stages during the course of the works and will be signed on site accordingly.
3) The alternative routes are in accordance with Schedule 1 to the Order. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses at all times.
4) The Order will come into force at various times starting from 6 April 2020. Exact dates will be specified on https://one.network all works are currently scheduled to take place throughout the month of April 2020. Working times are all scheduled to be 8am to 6pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016. Diversion routes will be signed at each location and residents will be informed of the dates of each phase via letter / leaflet drop and advanced warning signs on the road. The roads will be closed to facilitate each phase and then re-opened to the public.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the times stated on the schedule to the Order, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner. Any changes to dates will be available on https://one.network
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.
|Road||Description||Alternative route||Expected dates|
|Whitmore Avenue, Grays||From outside number 21 to junction of Prince Philip Avenue||Crammavill Street and Prince Philip Avenue.||Monday 6 April 2020 for 3 days|
|King Edward Drive, Grays||From outside number 50 to outside number 96||Northbound on King Edward Drive, Stanford Road, Daneholes Roundabout, Wood View, King Edward Drive. Southbound on Wood View, River View, Brentwood Road, Orsett Cock Roundabout, Stanford Road, King Edward Drive.||Wednesday 8 April 2020 for 3 days|
|Ward Avenue, Grays||From its junction with Bradleigh Avenue to Hathaway Road||Bradleigh Avenue, Lodge Lane and Hathaway Road and vice versa.||Tuesday 14 April 2020 for 3 days.|
|The Sorrells, Stanford-le-Hope||From its junctions with Abbotts Drive to Gordon Road.||Southbound on Springhouse Road, The Manorway, Corringham Road A1014 Roundabout, The Manorway and The Sorrells. Northbound on The Sorrells, The Manorway, Giffords Cross Road, Springhouse Road.||Wednesday 15 April 2020 for 3 days|