Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 028, 2022
Wharf Road, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Wharf Road, Grays, for 20m either side of the railway bridge
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Network Rail to carry out a bridge safety examination.
3) The alternative route for Southbound vehicles will be via A126 London Road, Eastern Way, Hogg Lane, London Road, Orsett Road, Stanley Road, Clarence Road, B189 Derby Road Bridge, Sherfield Road, Argent Street, Wharf Road and for Northbound vehicles via Wharf Road, Argent Street, B189 Sherfield Road, Derby Road Bridge, Derby Road, A126 Orsett Road, London Road, Hogg Lane, Eastern Way and London Road. Access will be maintained at all times for residents and businesses.
4) The Order will come into force on Thursday 17 February 2022 between the hours at 12:01am and 6am. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.