Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on footpaths
Order number: 120, 2022
William Street, Grays
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock, in exercise of their powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other powers, has made an Order the effect of which is to:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along William Street from its junction with Bridge Road for a distance of approximately 25m in an easterly direction
2) The purpose of the Order is to enable Cadent Gas to carry out a gas connection.
3) The alternative route for eastbound vehicles will be Bridge Road, East Thurrock Road (A126) and John Street. Access for residents will be via the diversion.
4) The Order will come into force on Monday 22 August 2022 at 9am and will remain in force continuously until Friday 26 August 2022 at 5pm. It only applies to those days and times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5) It is expected that the works will be completed within the above times, however the Order will continue in force for a period not exceeding 18 months or until the works have been completed, whichever is the sooner.
6) If the works are not completed within 18 months, the Order may be extended for a longer period with the approval of the Secretary of State.