Spillages on roads and pavements

Report a spillage

You should report a spillage or obstruction that could cause a danger to anyone using a public road or pavement.

We will clear spillages and obstructions from public roads for which we have responsibility.

Highways England roads and private roads

We are responsible for the maintenance and repair of most roads in Thurrock, including footways. We are not responsible for:

  • private roads – these are the responsibility of their residents
  • Highways England roads

You should contact Highways England for matters concerning:

  • A13 – from M25 junction 30 to the Tilbury slip road and to the A1089
  • A1089 Dock Approach Road, Tilbury – from the A13 to Asda roundabout
  • St Andrew's Road, Tilbury – from Asda roundabout to Tilbury Dock gate

Commercial waste

Commercial waste must be packed in containers that prevent it falling out or blowing away. We will deal with any report of commercial waste spillage where due care has not been taken.

Report online

Simply login to My Account for environmental reporting, select 'Add a report' and choose 'Street spillage' from the category list. You can create an account if you don't already have one.

My account - environmental reporting