From Wednesday 18 March 2020, we are taking no new bookings for council sports pitches until further notice. This follows government guidance on social distancing and avoiding unnecessary social contact, to limit the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). For latest information and advice, go to our coronavirus (COVID-19) page.
Sports and leisure
Active Parks is a local programme to help you get out, get active and enjoy Thurrock's parks and open spaces.
We will be working throughout the winter to develop new local projects and programmes.
We have already worked on projects at:
- Aveley Recreation Ground, High Street, Aveley, RM14 4BX
- Bulphan Recreation Ground, Church Road, Bulphan, RM14 3RU
- Davy Down Riverside Park, Back Lane (off Pilgrims Lane), North Stifford, RM16 5UL
- Delafield open space, Delafield Road, Grays, RM17 6AR
- Dilkes Park, Foyle Drive, South Ockendon, RM15 5LT
- Elm Road open space, Elm Road, Grays, RM17 6LD
- Grays Beach Riverside Park, Thames Road, Grays, RM17 6JP
- Grays Town Park, Park View Gardens, Grays RM17 5EU
- Gobions Park, Princess Margaret Road, East Tilbury, Tilbury, RM18 8TN
- Horndon on the Hill Recreation Ground, Orsett Road, SS17 8NR
- Langdon Hill Country Park, One Tree Hill, Corringham, Stanford-le-Hope, SS17 9NH
- Usk Road open space, Aveley, South Ockendon, RM15 4PA
- West Thurrock Memorial Ground, Hilltop Road, West Thurrock, RM20 3BS
Be an Active Parks volunteer
Email us if you would like to get involved, take part in activities or volunteer.