Sports and leisure
Get out and get active at Thurrock's parks this Easter
Children and adults in Thurrock can take part in a range of park activities during Easter half-term.
As part of the 'Active Parks' Easter programme from Monday 8 April to Monday 22 April, parks around the borough are hosting a series of free half-day sessions and fun days.
These events – including Easter egg hunts, trails and sports – are organised by Thurrock Council and local community groups. All events are subject to weather conditions.
Activity days run from 11am to 4pm and are a chance to get the whole family involved in fun sports and Easter events. You can join in the free fun at:
- West Thurrock Memorial Ground, Grays, on Tuesday 9 April
- Grays Town Park, Grays, on Thursday 11 April
- Dilkes Park, South Ockendon, on Tuesday 16 April
- Anchor Fields Park, Tilbury, on Thursday 18 April
As well as our main activity days, you can also take part in:
- a mini sports day at Quince Tree Park, South Ockendon, on Wednesday 10 April
- cage cricket at Grays Town Park, Grays, on Friday 12 April
- an Easter trail at Coalhouse Fort Park, East Tilbury, on Sunday 14 April
- an outdoor gym session and cage cricket at West Thurrock Memorial Ground, Grays, on Monday 15 April
- cage cricket at Grays Town Park, Grays, on Friday 19 April
You don't have to book in advance – just turn up on the day and join in for free.
You can find more activities organised by community groups and friends of park groups at:
- Bulphan Park
- Gobions Park, East Tilbury
- Hardie Park, Stanford-le-Hope
- Purfleet parks