Our vision for improving the health and well-being of Thurrock people is to add years to life and life to years. Our principles for achieving this are:
- reducing inequality in health and well-being
- prevention is better than cure
- empowering people in communities
- connected services
- our commitments will be delivered
- continually improving service delivery
- continuing to establish clear links between health and education services, improving accessibility for all
The strategy has 5 goals, each with 4 objectives. The goals are:
- goal 1: opportunity for all – better educated children and residents who can access employment opportunities
- goal 2: healthier environments – places and communities that keep people well and independent
- goal 3: better emotional health and well-being – strengthened mental health and emotional well-being
- goal 4: quality care, centred around the person – remodel health and care services so they are more joined up and focus on preventing, reducing and delaying the need for care and support
- goal 5: healthier for longer – reduce avoidable ill-health and death
It was developed by Thurrock Health and Well-being Board, in response to consultation feedback from Thurrock people. We will continue to involve residents in the production of action plans, measurement of how well we are doing, and development of future strategies.
Our first annual report sets out:
- main achievements during the strategy's first year
- how your views have made a difference to the actions we take
- minor changes to the strategy agreed by Health and Well-being Board in July 2017.
Download the current strategy below.
Health and Well-being Strategy