All applications received from an accredited agent will be fast-tracked through validation and registration with only minimal checks being carried out.
Terms and conditions
1. All applications must accord with our published validation checklist and all documentation must be prepared in accordance with the stipulated criteria.
2. Regular checks will be made to monitor applications submitted. The expectation is that all applications submitted by our accredited agents meet our validation requirements and failure to meet those requirements will be seen as a "strike". Two "strikes" within a 3-month period will result in removal of accreditation.
Removal of accreditation shall also occur if the accredited agent:
- ceases to trade or operate
- is deemed to have brought the accredited agent scheme into disrepute
- does not submit an application to Thurrock Council within a rolling 12-month period
3. The decision to remove accreditation shall be taken by the head of our planning service or their nominated officer.
4. If accreditation is to be removed, the agent will be informed in writing. The correspondence shall clearly indicate why accreditation has been removed and the date from which this takes effect. Once accreditation has been removed the accredited agent identity must not be used on any stationery, merchandise or publicity material.
5. If an agent disagrees with the reason for removal of accreditation, they have the right to appeal. Details of how to appeal will be included in correspondence.
6. The accredited agent may use the Thurrock Accredited Planning Agent identity solely for the purpose of displaying recognition as an accredited agent. It may be used only for so long as the agent remains accredited under the rules of the scheme.
7. The identity shall only be used, either:
- on stationery, promotional materials, merchandise, advertising, correspondence and signage
- as permitted in writing by us
8. The accredited agent will not do anything to prejudice or to endanger the value or validity of the accredited agent identity.
9. The identity must only be used by the accredited agent and shall not be used by any affiliated companies or organisations.
By signing our accredited planning agent agreement, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions set out above for so long as you are recognised as an accredited agent under the Thurrock Accredited Planning Agent Scheme.