Support for special education needs

If you're worried your child may have special education needs

A child or young person has special educational needs (SEN) if they have a learning difficulty or disability that means special arrangements have to be made for their education.

If you are worried that your children has special educational needs, you can get information and advice:

We also provide information on:

If you have tried all the support services above and would still like to contact our special education needs team, you can do so by email or phone.

Special Education Needs team

: 01375 652 555


We acknowledge emails automatically and will reply to email and phone messages within 5 working days.


Between 4 March and 8 March 2019, Ofsted and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) carried out an inspection of Thurrock to judge its effectiveness in implementing the special educational needs and disability (SEND) reforms of the Children and Families Act 2014. The report below was received on 10 April 2019.

Our written statement of action, below, addresses concerns raised in the inspection report.