Support for special education needs

Pre-school support

Special educational needs (SEN) can be noticed in children at an early age. Plans can be made for educational support when we know about a child who needs help.

We work closely with the local NHS trust to be able to notice special educational needs in children.

When we are told your child may have special educational needs we arrange for an educational psychologist (EP) to contact you. The first meeting will be held where your child feels most comfortable. The EP will observe your child and tell you of your child's progress. If needed, the EP will visit your family more than once.

An education, health and care plan could be mentioned by the EP when they write a report about your child's needs and the care that can be provided.

Go to NHS: learning disabilities for more information.