Carers who take breaks from their duties will be able to care for longer and stay fitter and healthier. Benefits can include catching up with everyday things such as:
- meeting up with friends
- meeting up with family
- going shopping
Taking a break also give the person you care for:
- a chance to meet new people
- have a change of scenery
- have a change to their routine
You can find a variety of breaks during the day, evening and weekend in or away from your home.
Types of breaks
Day centres offer a range of activities for older adults living alone, with their families or carers.
Other examples of breaks include:
- sitting services and holiday care cover
- respite activities at Thurrock Carers Centre
- short residential stays for disabled adults
- short residential stays for older adults
Contact us to talk about the different types of break you could be entitled to.