Teaching in Thurrock
Career opportunities for support staff include:
- teaching assistants or learning support assistants
- personal assistant (PA)
- school administrative assistant
- school secretary
- school manager or finance officer
- site manager
- caretaking staff
A safe, clean, comfortable environment in our schools is vital for the well-being and development of our students.
Managing the processes which contribute to this in partnership with the school leadership team is an important role.
Part-time work in schools
There are many different jobs in schools all of which are important in supporting our young people. Many of these jobs may provide part-time work opportunities:
- site workers - maintenance and cleaning staff play an important part in providing a safe and healthy environment
- kitchen and midday staff make lunchtime a healthy and enjoyable part of the day
- office assistants perform a number of duties to support in busy school offices