Our tender process
For contracts over £75,000, we carry out a competitive tender process. This is to make sure we get value for money.
The tendering process
We run the tender process online through In-Tend tenders and contracts.
In our tender process, we:
- advertise contracts on our new contract opportunities web page
- sometimes precede this with a Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQ)
- score the PQQs and invite selected suppliers to tender
- may invite supplier interviews and presentations, if required
- evaluate tender responses, where a panel of our officers scores the tenders against set criteria
- recommend the contract be given to the highest scoring supplier
- sign the contract
- publish the tender result
These are general guidelines, and the specific process might be slightly different for each contract.
Please read the tender documents carefully to understand the process you must follow in each case.