Transforming homes

Complaints about works

We welcome your comments, good or bad. We will use your feedback to review and improve how we do things in the future.

If you have a problem, please speak to your resident liaison officer straight away. They are available to answer any queries or explain in more detail anything you may be unsure about.

Complaints process

If you are not satisfied with the action taken by your resident liaison officer, contact the project manager who will try to resolve the situation within 5 working days.

You can make a formal complaint in writing to your contractor, who will send you an acknowledgement within 2 working days of receiving the complaint.

The contractor will investigate the complaint and will send you a response within 7 working days of being received. If we are unable to solve your complaint or you are unhappy with the outcome, please speak to a Thurrock Council housing officer, who will investigate.

if you are still not satisfied you can enter the council's formal complaints procedure.

Incidents and accidents

Tell us if you have an incident, accident, or 'near-miss' as a result of Transforming Homes work in or around your home.

If we know about a problem, we can do something about it. More importantly, we could stop it happening again.

We report any notifiable incident to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).

Transforming homes - report an accident, incident or 'near-miss'


You can also visit your local housing surgery.