Our vision and priorities for Thurrock were adopted on 31 January 2018.
An ambitious and collaborative community which is proud of its heritage and excited by its diverse opportunities and future.
People – a borough where people of all ages are proud to work and play, live and stay.
- high quality, consistent and accessible public services which are right first time
- build on our partnerships with statutory, community, voluntary and faith groups to work together to improve health and wellbeing
- communities are empowered to make choices and be safer and stronger together
Place – a heritage-rich borough which is ambitious for its future.
- roads, houses and public spaces that connect people and places
- clean environments that everyone has reason to take pride in
- fewer public buildings with better services
Prosperity – a borough which enables everyone to achieve their aspirations.
- attractive opportunities for businesses and investors to enhance the local economy
- vocational and academic education, skills and job opportunities for all
- commercial, entrepreneurial and connected public services