Where to find parenting advice

Parenting advice

Your role as a parent is one of the most difficult there is. It can be both challenging and rewarding.

Thurrock Family Information Service (FIS) can advise you about the services that are available to help you, from childcare and education to alcohol and drugs.

You can find parenting services online via our Ask Thurrock young people and families directory. You can also contact us direct.

Family Information Service

: 01375 652 801

: fis@thurrock.gov.uk

Your local children’s centre is a great place to go to meet other parents and join in with the play groups and support groups. Some even offer a parent's cafe and courses for you to take. Find out more about children’s centres.