'Talking Shop' sessions are where you can talk with us about adult social care and support that may be available where you live.
During the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we have temporarily cancelled all our face-to-face Talking Shop sessions in the community.
If you live in any of the areas below and think you or a person you know could benefit from some support, you can join our online 'Talking Shop' sessions for free.
These sessions are held using a secure online service called 'Microsoft Teams'. If you haven't used Microsoft Teams before, you can find out more in the guidance at the end of this page.
Aveley, Purfleet-on-Thames and South Ockendon sessions
If you live in Aveley, Purfleet-on-Thames or South Ockendon, you can join online sessions on Tuesdays or Thursdays. Sessions are held from 10am to 11am.
Chafford Hundred and Grays sessions
If you live in Chafford Hundred or Grays, you can join online sessions on Tuesdays. Sessions are held from 2pm to 4pm.
Chadwell St Mary, East Tilbury, Linford, Tilbury and West Tilbury sessions
If you live in Chadwell St Mary, East Tilbury, Linford, Tilbury or West Tilbury, you can join online sessions on Wednesdays. Sessions are held from 10am to midday.
Corringham, Fobbing and Stanford-le-Hope sessions
If you live in Corringham or Stanford-le-Hope, you can join online sessions on Thursdays. Sessions are held from 2pm to 4pm.
How to join a Talking Shop using Microsoft Teams
You can use Microsoft Teams to join an online Talking Shop sessions using either a desktop computer, or a mobile tablet or smartphone.
Using a desktop computer:
- click on one of the button links above to join a session
- if you already have the Microsoft Teams desktop app on your computer, the session will open there automatically
- if you don't have the app on your computer, a web page will display where you can choose to join the session either by using your web browser or by downloading the app
Using a mobile device:
- select one of the button links above to join a session
- if you already have the Microsoft Teams app on your device, the session will open there automatically
- if you don't have the app on your device, you'll be taken to the app store for your type of device, where you can download the app
It's best to download the app before a session starts as it may take a minute or two to install.
If you have a Microsoft Teams account, select 'Sign in and join' to access all its services. If you don’t have an account, select 'Join as a guest' and enter your name. You may join the meeting right away or may have to wait for us to let you join.
For more information, go to Microsoft: join a meeting in Teams.