Gangs and gang crime

How to get help

If you are a parent or carer, or are worried about a child involved with gangs, contact the Thurrock multi-agency safeguarding hub (MASH).

Children's Services initial response
Multi-agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH), Civic Offices, New Road, Grays, RM17 6SL

: 01375 652 802


You can get more advice from the government leaflet, GOV.UK: advice to parents and carers on gangs.

Advice for professionals working with young people

Professionals working with young people can contact the Serious Youth Violence (SYV) lead officer in our Youth Offending service, who can offer advice, training, monitoring and support.

Professionals can also make a referral to the Gang-Related Violence (GRV) group. This operational group consists of:

  • Youth Offending service
  • Probation service and Community Rehabilitation Company (CRC)
  • police
  • social care
  • housing and community safety

The group meets monthly to discuss known gang 'nominals' or those living in Thurrock who are of concern. They share intelligence and manage risk. Members of the group undertake home visits and meet regularly with known gang members.

To pass on concerns, ask questions, seek advice or for a copy of the referral form, contact the SYV lead and GRV chair:

Gang-related violence and serious youth violence