Following government advice about coronavirus (COVID-19), Grangewaters is closed from Tuesday 24 March until further notice. Your safety and that of our staff is our highest priority. If you already have a booking, please contact us so we can rearrange your activity date or refund your payment.
Grangewaters outdoor education centre
You can download our terms and conditions below.
Inspections and standards
Grangewaters is inspected annually by the Adventure Activities Licensing Authority (AALA) to make sure that our operating procedures and risk management are at the highest possible level.
Grangewaters has achieved the necessary standards of the AALA.
- Grangewaters has independent technical advisers to monitor the quality of our performance
- Grangewaters is a member of the Institute for Outdoor Learning
- Grangewaters is a RYA – Royal Yachting Association – recognised training centre
- we operate a 24-hour ‘on call’ service for residential groups
- personal safety equipment will be provided and must be worn as appropriate for our activities
Grangewaters has also been inspected by the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) and been awarded Grade A Leisure SafetyMark.
We work to make sure all visitors can enjoy our site and facilities safely. We are proud of our safety record, but our group leaders should explain to parents and other interested parties that some risk is inherent in outdoor activities.
You can download our most recent risk assessment below.