Children in Thurrock can enjoy healthy meals and exciting activities throughout the 2021 school summer holidays.
The 'holiday activities and food' programme provides opportunities that make sure children can:
- be more active and enjoy time outdoors
- have a tasty, healthy lunch
- take part in activities that make their lives better
- be safe and not feel socially isolated
- learn more about eating well and staying healthy
- get help with anything they're worried about
Individual opportunities are listed below. All opportunities are free for children who are:
- aged from 5 to 15 years-old
- eligible for benefits-based free school meals
Parents and carers of children who are not eligible for free school meals should ask about costs.
The programme is funded by the government's Department for Education (DfE).
We've been working with Active Essex and community organisations to make sure children and young people can stay active throughout the summer.
The Essex ActivAte programme offers more than 30,000 places over 5 weeks of the summer holiday. Essex ActivAte clubs are free for low income families who are eligible for benefits-based free school meals. Clubs provide:
- at least 4 hours of provision each session
- fun physical activity
- a range of activities, such as arts and crafts, games, drama, music, cooking and informal education
- a nutritious meal – hot where possible – and help with healthy eating
- support for the whole family
Activities are run by experienced organisations that follow government rules for coronavirus (COVID-19) safety. All staff and volunteers are fully equipped with knowledge and understanding to delivering a fun, supportive and safe experience for young people this summer. Our activities are safe and welcoming, so children can have fun and make new friends.
Book a place for your child below.
We've also been working with Active Essex to create a pack of healthy food ideas and recipes for the summer holidays.
Our healthy food pack will be available to download here before the summer holidays.
Getting help and support
If you need help with childcare, housing, education, employment or any other family matter, go to our Ask Thurrock: young people and families directory or contact our Family Information Service.
: 01375 652 801