The 'holiday activities and food' programme runs during the Easter, summer and Christmas school holidays.
It provides opportunities that make sure children can:
- be more active and enjoy time outdoors
- have a tasty, healthy lunch
- take part in activities that make their lives better
- be safe and not feel socially isolated
- learn more about eating well and staying healthy
- get help with anything they're worried about
All opportunities are free for children who are:
- aged from 5 to 15 years-old
- eligible for benefits-based free school meals
Parents and carers of children who are not eligible for free school meals should ask about costs.
Summer holiday activities 2022
The summer holiday programme will run from 25 July to 26 August 2022.
We've been working with Active Essex and community organisations to make sure children and young people can stay active throughout the summer.
Activities are run by experienced organisations. All staff and volunteers are fully equipped with knowledge and understanding to delivering a fun, supportive and safe experience for young people this summer. Our activities are safe and welcoming, so children can have fun and make new friends.
In addition to our main listing of activities in Thurrock, you can find clubs for children of secondary school age and children who have special educational needs or disabilities (SEND).
Book a place for your child below.
Getting help and support
If you need help with childcare, housing, education, employment or any other family matter, go to our Ask Thurrock: young people and families directory or contact our Family Information Service.
: 01375 652 801