Home education

Getting started

If your child is on a school roll and you decide to educate him or her at home, you should write to the school to say you wish your child's name to be removed from the admission register.

The school will remove the child's name from the register and tell us immediately.

If your decision to educate at home is taken before your child has entered the school system, it would be helpful if you would let us know by email so we can put you in touch with our home education consultant.

Our home education consultant is an experienced teacher able to offer the benefit of advice and support on a wide range of education and teaching matters, including help with access to a centre for your child to sit public examinations.

Home education consultant

: homeeducation@thurrock.gov.uk