Council Tax 2024/25

29 February 2024
Budget Council has approved a Council Tax increase of 5.99% plus a 2% adult social care precept, a total increase of 7.99%.
Cllr Andrew Jefferies, Leader of Thurrock Council, said: "This decision will help Thurrock Council continue to ensure that funding is available for vital services, while the council continues on its journey to financial recovery.

Thurrock Council Tax proposals

12 February 2024
Councillors will discuss proposals for the borough's Council Tax to increase by 5.99%, plus a 2% adult social care precept when Extraordinary Corporate Overview and Scrutiny meet on Wednesday 14 February.
These are proposals at this stage, for debate at meetings running up to Budget Council at the end of the month when the council budget for the year is due to be set.

Council tax decision will help create a sustainable future

2 March 2023
At a meeting of Full Council on Wednesday 1 March, Thurrock councillors approved a council tax increase of 7.99%, plus a 2% adult social care precept. The changes will take affect from 1 April 2023.
Cllr Mark Coxshall, Leader of Thurrock Council, said: "The decision taken tonight reflects the seriousness of our position. This increase is sadly necessary if we are to secure the future of this council. It is a step we need to take to recover financially and to ensure we can continue providing much needed services for our most vulnerable residents.