Thurrock's Give a Gift is back for a seventh year, collecting Christmas presents for Thurrock children who are most in need to bring them a little sparkle on Christmas morning.
Cllr Barry Johnson, Cabinet Member for Children and Education: "We understand that it is a difficult time for many, now more than ever with the cost of living challenges, but we are asking for your generosity to help those children for whom Christmas can be a difficult time of year in Thurrock. A small contribution will make a big difference."
An Amazon Wishlist has launched this morning, Thursday 17 November, which allows you to select a present from a set list, with gifts ranging from as little as a couple of pounds up to the value of £15 maximum. The Amazon Wishlist will be open through to Sunday 4 December 2022.
Alternatively, you can purchase gifts and drop them to a number of locations across the borough between Monday 21 November and Sunday 4 December as detailed below:
- Reception area, Thurrock Council, Civic Offices, New Road, Grays, RM17 6SL – Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm
- Impulse Leisure, Belhus Park Golf and Country Club, Belhus Park, South Ockendon, RM15 4PX – Monday to Friday 7am to 10pm or Saturday and Sunday 8am to 4pm
- Impulse Leisure, Springhouse Road, Corringham, SS17 7ND – Monday to Thursday 6am to 10pm, Friday 6am to 9pm or Saturday and Sunday 8am to 4pm
- Impulse Leisure, Blackshots Lane, Grays, RM16 2JU – Monday to Friday 6am to 10pm, Saturday 6am to 5pm or Sunday 8am to 4pm
- Grays Police Station, Brooke Road, Grays, RM17 5BX – Monday to Sunday 9am to 5pm
KidEco at Lakeside (located on the ground floor, next to HSBC), will also be a drop off point for 2 days during the campaign, on Thursday 24 November and Friday 25 November only. Pop along and meet one of the Give a Gift team between 10am and 4pm on these dates.
If you are dropping gifts off to any of the drop of locations, they should not be wrapped.
Cllr Johnson added: "It is wonderful that we have been able to introduce drop off locations across the borough this year. Thank you to Impulse Leisure and Essex Police for offering the leisure centres across the borough and Grays Police station to receive donations from the public for #GiveAGift for the duration of the campaign.
"Thank you also to KidEco at Lakeside, who have kindly offered their unit to the project team as a drop-off location for 2 days.
"Thurrock's award winning Give a Gift is successful due to the fabulous, generous support of local businesses, residents, friends and family, and the voluntary time the project team put into the operation and logistics of the campaign, ensuring that every present is checked, wrapped and hand delivered in time for Christmas day.
"We should never underestimate the happiness one present brings a child in need on Christmas morning. Thank you in advance for supporting Give a Gift 2022."
For more information on Give a Gift or to make a donation via the Amazon Wishlist, go to thurrock.gov.uk/giveagift