Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 117, 2023
Independent footpath, Southend Road to Gideons Way, Stanford-le-Hope
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above footpath without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit access to the independent footpath from Southend Road to Gideons Way for a distance of approximately 70m
3) The purpose of the Notice is for Essex and Suffolk Water to carry out urgent repairs.
4) Pedestrians are to access Gideons Way via Third Avenue and vice versa.
5) The Notice will come into force immediately on Friday 12 May 2023 and will be valid for 21 days. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.