Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 137, 2023
Kingsman Road and Rayleigh Road, Stanford-le-Hope
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Kingsman Road from its junction with London Road for a distance of approximately 20m in a north direction
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Rayleigh Road from its junction with London Road for a distance of approximately 20m in a south direction
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable Cadent Gas to carry out urgent repairs to their apparatus.
4) The alternative route for northbound vehicles on Kingsman Road is London Road and Poley Road and vice versa for southbound vehicles. The alternative route for southbound vehicles on Rayleigh Road is London Road and Ruskin Road and vice versa for northbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses.
5) The Notice will come into force immediately on Tuesday 27 June 2023 and will be valid for 21 days, however, it is expected that the works will be completed by Wednesday 5 July 2023 at 5pm. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.