Traffic Regulation Order (TRO)
Temporary prohibition or restriction on roads
Order number: 227, 2023
Muckingford Road, Linford
1) The Borough Council of Thurrock is satisfied that it is necessary to restrict or prohibit traffic in the above road without delay because of the likelihood of danger to the public or serious damage to the road.
2) The Council, in exercise of its powers under Section 14(2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers, has therefore made the following Notice:
- prohibit any vehicle from travelling along Muckingford Road from its junction with Low Street Lane for a distance of approximately 570m in a west direction
3) The purpose of the Notice is to enable BT to carry out urgent repairs to their apparatus.
4) The alternative route for westbound vehicles is East Tilbury Road, Buckingham Hill Road, Stanford Road westbound, Orsett Cock interchange, A13 Westbound, A1089, Exit off Slip A1089 to A126 southbound, Marshfoot Road eastbound, Chadwell Hill, Linford Road and Muckingford Road and vice versa for northbound vehicles. Access will be maintained for residents and businesses at all times.
5) The Notice will come into force immediately on Monday 9 October 2023 at 08:30hrs and will be valid for 21 days, however, it is expected that the works will be completed by Tuesday 10 October 2023 at 3:30pm. It will apply only on those days and during those times when indicated on site by the presence of the appropriate traffic signs in accordance with The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.