Someone to speak on your behalf

Independent advocacy services in Thurrock

Advocacy services are available for people aged 18 or over who live in Thurrock and have difficulty expressing their views due to:

  • a mental health problem
  • a learning disability
  • older age

They may not be able to get support from family or friends, or may prefer to get help from someone totally independent.

Both the advocacy services below based in Thurrock and are independent of the council.

  • POhWER – provides Independent Mental Capacity Advocate (IMCA) services
  • Thurrock Mind – provides advocacy services for people who either find it very hard to engage in decisions or processes around their care, or who need a little extra support with practical matters

Other advocacy services in the region include: