Estate caretakers are easy to notice as they wear a Thurrock Council uniform and carry identification badges.
They assist elderly or vulnerable tenants where possible, help new residents settle into their homes and provide information about local amenities and what's going on in your area.
Estate caretakers spend most of their time in the community. Their work includes:
- cleaning shared areas, removing graffiti and checking lighting and security
- reporting repairs in communal areas
- clearing litter and arranging the removal of bulky waste items
- inspecting blocks of flats to make sure fire, health and safety measures are in place in shared areas
- reporting unauthorised parking, abandoned vehicles and incidents of anti-social behaviour or nuisance
- displaying the weekly schedules of cleaning tasks, and ticking off tasks when they are done
- taking part in estate inspections
Find out more
We would like you to give us your views on the caretaking service and what we can do better.
Resident satisfaction surveys are carried out during the year to find how happy you are with our service and what we need to improve.