Is your local authority funding early years providers during the autumn term 2020 using "the numbers of children in places in the previous autumn to inform funding levels", as suggested in the DfE guidance?
If not, what alternative approach is being taken, and will this approach mean that local providers are still being funded "as if autumn term 2020 were happening normally"?
The Department for Education on 20th July issued revised guidelines, on the funding of local authorities and childcare providers for the early years free entitlements, for the autumn term 2020.
Based on the information received Thurrock has agreed the following approach for the autumn term:
- Provisional lists, census information and payment profile to follow the guidelines already issued
- Where a child registers to take up a place and does not attend any other setting, payment will be made to the setting holding the place.
- Minimum funding guarantee, for each setting, equal to the value paid in autumn 2019.
- If a setting chooses not to open, no payment will be made.
- The Local Authority will continue to fund providers which have been advised to close, or left with no option to close, due to public health reasons.
You are free to use any information supplied to you for your own use, including non-commercial research purposes. However, any other type of re-use, for example, by publishing the information or issuing copies to the public will require the permission of the copyright owner.
Where the copyright is owned by Thurrock Council, you must apply to the Council to re-use the information. Please email email@example.com if you wish to re-use the information you have been supplied. For information where the copyright is owned by another person or organisation, you must apply to the copyright owner to obtain their permission.