Defining a “road bridge” as a structure with a span of 1.5m or more providing public highway passage for motor vehicles over an obstacle such as a watercourse, railway, road or valley, please provide the following information for all road bridges for which you own as highway authority, including those which are jointly owned with another authority, but for which you are the lead authority:
1. How many road bridges are you responsible for maintaining?
2. For the last financial year (2017/18) how many Principal Inspections have taken place
3. For the last financial year (2017/18) how many General Inspections have taken place?
4. For the last financial year (2017/18) how many Structural reviews and/or BD21 assessments have been conducted?
5. How many sub-standard (in terms of capacity) and/or weight restricted bridges do you have?
6. Of these, how many do you intend to return to full load carrying capacity in the next 5 years?
7. How many bridges would you return to full load carrying capacity if you had no resource restrictions?
8. (i) How many of your bridges require post-tensioned special inspections (PTSIs)?
(ii) How many of those have had PTSIs within the last 18 years?
(iii) Of those that have not had a PTSI, how many require/are due one?
(iv) How much funding would you anticipate is required to remove the backlog of PTSIs for those bridges identified in Q8(iii)?
9. What is the current depreciation – that is, the difference between your GRC and DRC as declared for your WGA return for 2017/18?
10. Have you calculated your back log (or workbank) for bridges? What is the calculated value of your backlog of road bridges, or your best estimate if a calculated value is not available?
11. (i) What is the annual cost of maintaining your bridge stock at its current level (standstill budget)?
(ii) What is the annual capital works budget for maintaining your bridge stock?
(iii) What total budget would you estimate is required to maintain the bridge stock at its current level (standstill budget)?
(i) How many BD97 Stage 1 Scour Assessments did you undertake in 2018/19?
(ii) How many BD97 Stage 2 Scour Assessments did you undertake in 2018/19?
|5)||8 (includes 5 due to AWL) (in accordance with record from Pell Frischmann)|
|6)||1 (in accordance with record from Pell Frischmann)|
|7||8 (in accordance with record from Pell Frischmann)|
|8) (i)||2 structures require PTSIs subject to planned risk review (in accordance with record from Pell Frischmann)|
|8) (ii)||There are no records that PTSIs have been undertaken within the past 18 years (in accordance with record from Pell Frischmann)|
|8) (iii)||Information not held|
|8) (iv)||Information not held|
|9)||Not returned for 2017/18|
|11) (i)||Information not held – the figure would be speculative and we would need to commission a study via Structural Consultants|
|11) (ii)||Please see Question 11 above|
|11) (iii)||Please see Question 11 above|
You are free to use any information supplied to you for your own use, including non-commercial research purposes. However, any other type of re-use, for example, by publishing the information or issuing copies to the public will require the permission of the copyright owner.
Where the copyright is owned by Thurrock Council, you must apply to the Council to re-use the information. Please email email@example.com if you wish to re-use the information you have been supplied. For information where the copyright is owned by another person or organisation, you must apply to the copyright owner to obtain their permission.