Freedom of information response
• The average annual business rates costs, or current liability payable, for the calendar years 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
• What is the total value of business rate relief granted by the local authority in the last 12 months
• Of the total number of businesses who applied for business rate relief, how many were successful
1. Gross Rates Payable
• 2022 149,290,134.50
• 2021 147,700,486.66
• 2020 145,262,387.19
• 2019 138,848,126.79
• 2018 132,775,918.74
2. Total Rate Relief in last 12 months 18,308,521.60 (Includes empty property relief and CARF (Covid 19 Additional Relief Fund so far paid)
3. We do not keep a record of how many applied for relief and how many were successful.
You are free to use any information supplied to you for your own use, including non-commercial research purposes. However, any other type of re-use, for example, by publishing the information or issuing copies to the public will require the permission of the copyright owner.
Where the copyright is owned by Thurrock Council, you must apply to the Council to re-use the information. Please email email@example.com if you wish to re-use the information you have been supplied. For information where the copyright is owned by another person or organisation, you must apply to the copyright owner to obtain their permission.
If you are dissatisfied with the way in which the council have managed your FOI request you can pursue an Internal Review by contacting us using the above email address. Your request will be considered by a senior member of the Information Management Team who will update you with the outcome of the review.
If you remain unhappy following the outcome of your Internal Review you may wish to refer your case to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) and details of this organisation can be found at www.ico.org.uk . Please be advised that the ICO will not consider your case until they have confirmation that you have already been through the Internal Review stage with the council.