Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 I am seeking the following information about the cost of transporting pupils with special educational needs and or disabilities (SEND) to and from their schools please:
- Names of taxi companies used (If it is not possible to provide names of taxi companies, please list them as Company A, Company B, etc.)
- Number of journeys made by each taxi company
- Taxi companies’ rates per mile
- Average journey time per pupil
- Average journey cost per pupil
- Average number of pupils per vehicle
- Total amount paid to each taxi company over the year
- Total amount spent on taxi fares for SEND pupils across the year
I would like this information for each of the school years 2015-16, 2016-17, and 2017-18 please.
In issuing our response the council have applied S12 of the Freedom of Information Act.
This means that the council does not have to comply with your request if the cost of doing so exceeds the ‘appropriate limit’, which for local authorities is 18 hours. This applies to the time taken spent locating and collating the requested information.
If you wish to narrow the scope of your request and resubmit this to the council then of course we may be able to provide this information.
If you are dissatisfied with the way in which the council have managed your request you can pursue an independent review by contacting us at the above address and your request will be considered by the Information Manager who will update you with the outcome.
You may also wish to refer your case to the Information Commissioner’s Office, details of this organisation can be found at www.ico.org.uk . Alternatively they can be contacted on 0303 123 1113.