1. What weight or BMI criteria does the council have for prospective adoptive parents?
2. What weight or BMI would preclude a prospective parent from adoption under the council’s criteria?
3. How many families (defined as a single adoptive parent or an adoptive couple) did the council reject for adoption because they failed to meet its weight or BMI criteria in 2019?
4. How many families (defined as a single adoptive parent or an adoptive couple) did the council reject for adoption because they failed to meet its weight or BMI criteria between 2015 and 2019?
1-2. We or any of our partners within Adopt East, do not have a specific BMI criteria for prospective adoptive parents but all prospective adopters will be subject to a health assessment which will determine if there are any health conditions which may preclude them from adopting.
3. As explained above, we do not have a BMI criteria
4. See above.
You are free to use any information supplied to you for your own use, including non-commercial research purposes. However, any other type of re-use, for example, by publishing the information or issuing copies to the public will require the permission of the copyright owner.
Where the copyright is owned by Thurrock Council, you must apply to the Council to re-use the information. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to re-use the information you have been supplied. For information where the copyright is owned by another person or organisation, you must apply to the copyright owner to obtain their permission.